Going out and about with children with additional needs can be challenging! Noisy, busy places can be extremely overwhelming for any child never mind a child with SEN.
Here’s a list of some of our favourite places to visit. Toby loves being outdoors so our list reflects that. The purpose of this is to inspire myself when racking my brain to find somewhere Toby friendly to visit!
Most places are local to Durham (North East)
- Gibside (National Trust)
- Durham Botanical Gardens
- Finchale priory
- Washington Wetlands Centre
- Adventure Valley (we only go for an hour at a time)
- Cragside (National Trust) – great playground!
- Broom House Farm – especially the adventure trail
- Hamsterly Forest
- Spennymoor Swimming Baths (spalshablity sessions on a Sunday)
- Wallington (National Trust)
- Bike ride down the railway lines
- Hardwick park
- Haven Point at South Shields (get there for opening time!)
- Splash Pad at Riverside Park Chester Le Street